HOW TO BECOME AN ELAC STUDENT
Enroll at East Los Angles College (ELAC)
If you are not yet a current East Los Angeles College student, the first step is to enroll in the college. You can start the process on your own by completing the on-line East Los Angeles College Application for Admission and following the enrollment steps that follow the application. To enroll, students must be a high school graduate or recipient of a Certificate of Proficiency from the State Board of Education (students currently enrolled in grades K-12 need to contact the admissions office for further information).
After applying to ELAC, you will receive an email with your Student ID number. Login to your account and reset your password immediately to be able to continue with the rest of the step.
Register for classes through My College.laccd.edu Portal. You can review instructions on how to navigate the student portal and register to classes by following this video: http://3cmediasolutions.org/privid/151037?key=a94f78938c1030e66bc9f36862047c3ac25310f0
Fees, financial aid and more
Enrollment fees for California residents are $46 per unit, $138 for the class. Out-of-state fees are $311 per unit, which is $933 for the class. This information is subject to varry based on your situation, please visit https://www.elac.edu/Student-Services/Apply for more information regarding the application process.
To enroll, students must be a high school graduate or recipient of a Certificate of Proficiency from the State Board of Education (students currently enrolled in grades K-12 need to contact the admissions office for further information). New students need to complete and return the Application for Admissions, and present a photo ID and immigration/visa documentation (non US citizens). Students will be given an appointment to take the Assessment Test, and ultimately given a time/date to register for classes.
- For US Citizens and Eligible non-citizens (Permanent Residents):
- File a 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.ed.gov.
- Our school code for the application is 001222. Best is using the IRS data retrieval function to download yours and your parents’ federal tax data. It will help expedite the application process.
- Eligible-resident/AB 540 Student who does not have a Social Security number (Note: AB540 student who has a Social Security number and is an eligible citizen/non-citizen should complete the FAFSA):
- File a 2020-2021 California Dream Act Application at http://www.csac.ca.gov.
- Our school code for the Dream Act application is 02226000 .
For more financial aid information, please visit : https://www.elac.edu/Student-Services/Financial-Aid